Just to refresh our memory of just how complex the structure of The Powers That Be is, here is a chart I prepared last year.
The corollary to this structural need for highly motivated, dedicated people to work the gears is that if their belief in the machine fades, then the machine grinds to a halt.
In the Armed Forces, the key layer of staffing is in the middle: lieutenants, captains, chief petty officers, etc. If those non-coms and junior officers leave the service, the Force is essentially gutted, regardless of the generals and admirals and high-tech weaponry and the valor of the recruits.
There is some evidence that just such a migration is occuring.
8 Notes/ Hide
- hydroxph likes this
- popeghosts likes this
- onlyexperiments reblogged this from seymourbuhts
- millstone reblogged this from anonymissexpress
- seymourbuhts reblogged this from anonymissexpress
- seymourbuhts likes this
- user300 reblogged this from anonymissexpress
- revelationcity reblogged this from anonymissexpress
- anonymissexpress posted this